"MOTHER called this her secret recipe, and to this day, I'm not quite sure I have all the ingredients she used in it. But it still tastes great, so who knows—maybe I acquired some of her 'touch'. After I was married, this casserole became my husband's favorite vegetable dish."
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, pecans, onion and eggs. Stir in broccoli; pour into a greased 2-qt. shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Combine butter and bread crumbs; sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Broccoli Casserole in Reminisce November/December 1994, p51
Reviews for Creamy Broccoli Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review