Creamy Bratwurst Stew Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 pounds fresh Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and green pepper. Top with bratwurst slices. Combine the broth, salt, basil and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cream. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Bratwurst Stew
Sort By :
"Trying this tonight - but half brats and half fresh polish plus 2 cup shredded red cabbage."
"YUM!!!!! This is so good! Great Sunday dinner recipe."
"Delicious! We loved this crock pot recipe for a family dinner."
"My whole family loves it!"
"This was very good!! Next time I will reduce the black pepper to 1/8 tsp. It seemed a little overwhelming. covered the natural taste of the bratwurst a bit. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing!!"