Creamy Bratwurst Stew Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 pounds fresh Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and green pepper. Top with bratwurst slices. Combine the broth, salt, basil and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cream. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Bratwurst Stew
Sort By :
"Excellent. Subbed sweet potatoes for regular potatoes. Warm, hearty, and heart warming! Will be making again!"
"My husband and young children love this hearty meal. It is easy to prepare and full of flavor."
"Trying this tonight - but half brats and half fresh polish plus 2 cup shredded red cabbage."
"YUM!!!!! This is so good! Great Sunday dinner recipe."
"Delicious! We loved this crock pot recipe for a family dinner."