- wine; simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup. Stir in broth and seasonings.
- Return chicken to pan; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until
- juices run clear. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return
- vegetables to pan. Remove from the heat; cover and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute reserved pearl onions in remaining
- butter until tender. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute
- mushrooms until tender. Add the onions and mushrooms to serving
- platter. Discard bay leaf from sauce; spoon over chicken and
- vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 chicken breast half with 2/3 cup sauce) equals 273 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 748 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.