Creamy Bow Ties and Chicken Recipe
Barbara Lopshire of Holland, Michigan copied the Creamy Bow Ties and Chicken from a similar dish at a nearby Italian restaurant, but her version has “all the flavor but less fat and it’s cheaper!”
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1. Rub pepper and cayenne over chicken. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. In the drippings, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add 1/2 cup Asiago cheese and cream cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- 4. Cut chicken into strips. Drain pasta. Toss chicken, pasta, bacon and mushroom mixture with cream sauce. Top with tomato and remaining Asiago cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC