- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2-1/4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash salt
- Dash dried basil
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the oil, flour, garlic and seasonings until blended. Gradually add the milk, broth and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and sour cream. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Bow Tie Pasta
Sort By :
"my family really liked this. will definat ly make again"
"Needs a bit more flavor. I will make some additions like garlic powder and maybe some coarse ground pepper. I enjoy the kick the red pepper flakes give it though."
"Great side for many meals - nice 'n creamy, great flavors."
"I have made this several times. It's a great side dish and makes just enough for 2."
"I made this according to the recipe I just doubled it to make enough for my family and it was bland. It did not have enough of a flavor. I added some garlic salt and pepper it was better."