- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2-1/4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash salt
- Dash dried basil
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the oil, flour, garlic and seasonings until blended. Gradually add the milk, broth and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and sour cream. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Bow Tie Pasta
"my family really liked this. will definat ly make again"
"Needs a bit more flavor. I will make some additions like garlic powder and maybe some coarse ground pepper. I enjoy the kick the red pepper flakes give it though."
"Great side for many meals - nice 'n creamy, great flavors."
"I have made this several times. It's a great side dish and makes just enough for 2."
"I made this according to the recipe I just doubled it to make enough for my family and it was bland. It did not have enough of a flavor. I added some garlic salt and pepper it was better."
"I made this according to the recipe minus the red pepper flakes, then added chicken to make it a main dish. It was very easy and really good, and not super rich like a lot of Alfredo recipes are. I made it for a large group so I used the whole 12 oz box of pasta and ended up multiplying the sauce ingredients by six and it was the perfect amount of sauce, not too soupy but not dry. I will definitely make this again."
"Very good, had to double it to feed two of us. I'll make this again."
"Just helping with typo's ours spaghetti sauce recipe"
"Dear Jessica, how did you make big for your family we have 5 of us? Did u double it your triple it? We like chicken in ares to! I found another website that is called spagetti sause and meatballs.com. I am using there resipe!!Abigail"