Creamy Bow Tie Pasta
Add a little zip to your meal with this saucy pasta dish. It's a great accompaniment to almost any meat or seafood. —Kathy Kittell, Lenexa, Kansas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2-1/4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash salt
- Dash dried basil
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the oil, flour, garlic and seasonings
- until blended. Gradually add the milk, broth and water. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and sour cream. Drain pasta;
- toss with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 196 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium,