Creamy Blueberry Pie
A co-worker and her husband own a blueberry farm so we have a ready supply of fresh berries in the summer. This pie is a favorite dessert.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 3-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, flour, vanilla, salt and
- egg; stir until blended. Fold in blueberries. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from the
- oven. For topping, combine flour and pecans in a small bowl. Cut in
- butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle on top of
- pie. Return to the oven for 10 minutes. Chill before serving. Keep
- refrigerated. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 355 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.