Creamy Blueberry Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) grape gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in pie filling and pineapple until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over gelatin; sprinkle with walnuts. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Blueberry Gelatin Salad
Sort By :
"Making 2 of these salads: one blueberry, other using red raspberry jello and pie filling. For a high school graduation party. School colors are red and black, hence blueberry. Ought to be a hit, ya think? K."
"Again making this wonderfulloy delicious salad, using raspberry jello/red raspberry pie filling. Wish there were more than *5* stars to rate this by. This dish deserves at least **10 stars**!!"
"Making tis wonderful salad for Mother's Day. Changing things a bit, though. Will use raspberry gelatin as well as raspberry pie filling. Looking forward to serving this for dessert. Red ~~ true color of love!!!"
"This is one of those jello salads that people are amazed at. I've been making it since 2008."
"Tried using the berry blue jello & didn't care for it. I'm making it again with grape jello to see if like it better."