- 2 packages (3 ounces each) grape gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in pie filling and pineapple until blended. Transfer to a 13x9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over gelatin; sprinkle with walnuts. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Blueberry Gelatin Salad
"I like the concept but it was just too sweet."
"Makes more sense to me to use "blueberry flavor Jello gelatin" rather than grape. I also use the blueberry Jello to make icing for blueberry cakes.....much better than grape for these applications."
"I have been bringing this salad to family get together's since the early 70's when this recipe first came out..it's a winner"
"Have made this jello for years using sugar-free raspberry jello. It is always a big hit!"
"It was okay. Too sweet. I probably won't make it again."
"Loved the topping. The jello salad was way to sweet for me."
"Making 2 of these salads: one blueberry, other using red raspberry jello and pie filling. For a high school graduation party. School colors are red and black, hence blueberry. Ought to be a hit, ya think? K."