Creamy Blueberry Gelatin Salad
Plump blueberries and a fluffy topping star in this pretty, refreshing salad from the kitchen of Beverly Preston. “Mom's blueberry salad was served at every holiday and celebration,” says Beverly's daughter, Sharon Hoefert from Greendale, Wisconsin. “Now, her grandchildren request it.”
12-15 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) grape gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool for 10
- minutes. Stir in pie filling and pineapple until blended. Transfer
- to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until partially set,
- about 1 hour.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream,
- sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over gelatin; sprinkle with
- walnuts. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 221 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.