A homemade dressing helps marry the flavors of this creamy salad. It is a unique contribution to a spring luncheon or barbecue buffet in the summertime. -Olive Foemmel of Chili, Wisconsin
Recommended: 62 Ways to Eat the Rainbow
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, celery and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and cayenne. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and chill until serving. Stir in tomato just before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black-Eyed Pea Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p21
Reviews for Creamy Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2012
"This was the perfect side dish for lunch. I added some fresh chopped cilantro and a little extra cayenne pepper. Next time, I might add chopped avocado."