Creamy Black-Eyed Pea Salad Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peas, celery and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and cayenne. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and chill until serving. Stir in tomato just before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 133 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Black-Eyed Pea Salad
"This was the perfect side dish for lunch. I added some fresh chopped cilantro and a little extra cayenne pepper. Next time, I might add chopped avocado."