Creamy Black Bean Salsa
“I love sour cream on Mexican dishes, so I decided to add it to a salsa recipe,” says field editor Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon. “It always goes fast, so you may want to double the recipe.”
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, peppers, onion and parsley.
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar and seasonings; pour
- over corn mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve with tortilla
- chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 83 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.