Creamy Black Bean Dip
“This appealing southwestern dip can be made well in advance. It goes well with tortilla chips and crackers, too,” writes Ashley Donovan from Glasgow, Kentucky.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, cover and process cream cheese until smooth. Add
- half of the beans; cover and pulse until blended. Transfer to a
- bowl; stir in the cheese, onions, cumin, cayenne and remaining
- beans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish with cheese, tomato and onion. Serve
- with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup dip equals 95 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,