Creamy Black Bean Dip Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a food processor, cover and process cream cheese until smooth. Add half of the beans; cover and pulse until blended. Transfer to a bowl; stir in the cheese, onions, cumin, cayenne and remaining beans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Just before serving, garnish with cheese, tomato and onion. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup dip equals 95 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Creamy Black Bean Dip
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.