Creamy Black Bean Dip Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
- In a food processor, cover and process cream cheese until smooth. Add half of the beans; cover and pulse until blended. Transfer to a bowl; stir in the cheese, onions, cumin, cayenne and remaining beans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish with cheese, tomato and onion. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Creamy Black Bean Dip(4)
Sort By :
Great recipe without the guilt! I've made this several times and I'm never disappointed.
Great flavor without the guilt! This is a favorite and my daughter requests this on her birthday
Great recipe - even my picky children love this one.
I would call this a spread rather than a dip. If you want it to be a dip you will need to thin it out with sour cream or whatever you choose. It is very tasty. I served it to my bridge group and everyone really liked it. I would definitely make it a day ahead of time to give the flavors a chance to blend. I would also give it a dash or two more of cayenne pepper if you like it spicier.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bean Dip >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Make Ahead Appetizers >
- Make-Ahead Finger Foods >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >