“This appealing southwestern dip can be made well in advance. It goes well with tortilla chips and crackers, too,” writes Ashley Donovan from Glasgow, Kentucky.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, cover and process cream cheese until smooth. Add half of the beans; cover and pulse until blended. Transfer to a bowl; stir in the cheese, onions, cumin, cayenne and remaining beans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish with cheese, tomato and onion. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Black Bean Dip in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p53
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Creamy Black Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review