- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, cover and process cream cheese until smooth. Add half of the beans; cover and pulse until blended. Transfer to a bowl; stir in the cheese, onions, cumin, cayenne and remaining beans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish with cheese, tomato and onion. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Creamy Black Bean Dip
Sort By :
Delicious appetizer. I would also describe it more as a spread than a dip. I used regular cream cheese and regular extra sharp cheddar and added sliced black olives to the topping.
I added approximately 1/2 cup of sour cream to make this more of a dip instead of a spread and to tone down the sweetness of the creme cheese. Also increased the cumin to two teaspons and used about three dashes of cayenne powder to give it a little bit more kick, although still not too hot for the average taster. Also added sliced black olives to the garnishment. Was a hit at recent work potluck.
Great recipe without the guilt! I've made this several times and I'm never disappointed.
Great flavor without the guilt! This is a favorite and my daughter requests this on her birthday
Great recipe - even my picky children love this one.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bean Dip >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Make Ahead Appetizers >
- Make-Ahead Finger Foods >