Creamy Beef with Biscuits
With 11 children, my mom had lots of cooking experience. She generously passed down to me her knowledge and recipes. Mom usually served this dish to company.Mary Miller, Shreve, Ohio
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in the soup, milk, ketchup, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover; arrange biscuits over top. Bake
- 20-25 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 393 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 885 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.