- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in the soup, milk, ketchup, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover; arrange biscuits over top. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Beef with Biscuits
"Since we're empty nesters, generally halve this dish. Make my own biscuits instead. J."
"This was very good! It reminded me of a "sloopy joe" my Mom used to make but she used sour cream instead of cream cheese. I followed the directions except for putting in some chili sauce along with the ketchup. I also added 2 tsp of yellow mustard for extra zip. I baked the biscuits right on top and they baked up nice and golden brown. Kids loved it, tasty fall meal."
"I did not use 2 lbs. of Ground beef. It would have been way too much. As for the remaining ingredients, I used as much as it called for. My entire family LOVED this! It was very creamy and tasteful. I baked the biscuits on a baking sheet instead of putting them on top of the meal to bake. Mine always come out soggy/underdone.I will definitely make this again!"
"super easy and tasty !! I added more biscuits to the top :)"