Creamy Beef Stroganoff
When I was growing up, this is the recipe I'd request Mom to make for my birthday dinner. It's so easy to put together, making it perfect for special occasions as well as every day.—Melissa Norris, Churubusco, Indiana
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef consomme
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in flour and salt until blended. Stir in soup, consomme and
- mustard. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the noodles and sour cream; heat
- through (do not boil). Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 315 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 740 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.