When I was growing up, this is the recipe I'd request Mom to make for my birthday dinner. It's so easy to put together, making it perfect for special occasions as well as every day.—Melissa Norris, Churubusco, Indiana
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef consomme
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Stir in soup, consomme and mustard. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the noodles and sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Beef Stroganoff in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p232
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Beef Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review