Creamy Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef consomme
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Stir in soup, consomme and mustard. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the noodles and sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Beef Stroganoff(6)
Sort By :
I added a medium yellow onion in with the beef, and used Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard (and actually, I like things tangy, so I added about a tablespoon and a half instead of the tablespoon called for). I also cooked spaetzle instead of "wide" egg noodles and it was fantastic! I will definitely be coming back to this recipe for cold winter nights!
My son and I love beef stroganoff, but we did not care much for this particular recipe.
I couldn't see the stars on my computer, but I give it 5!
I love Beef Stroganoff, but I have a picky husband, I followed the advice and added peppers towards to end so it would keep it
s crunch and even he loved it! :) I had to use different noodles and I added garlic and onion.
This is a great comfort food. I did add some onion, next time maybe some more mushrooms.
Very easy to make! I added one sauteed onion and some pepper. A very good home-cooked meal that reminded me of my childhood. My husband loved it too!