“This is a quick way to create a sandwich with a special taste,” says Doris Byerly of Mondovi, Wisconsin. The creamy dressing and combination of beef and cheese make them ideal for lunches on the go.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly sliced dried beef, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices white bread
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and ranch dressing. Stir in the beef and cheese. Spread about 1/3 cup on six slices of bread; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Beef Sandwiches in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p61
Reviews for Creamy Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2008
"This sandwich was okay, but I wouldn't make it again. It's just as easy to spread mayo and ranch on the bread and add a slice of meat and cheese."