“This is a quick way to create a sandwich with a special taste,” says Doris Byerly of Mondovi, Wisconsin. The creamy dressing and combination of beef and cheese make them ideal for lunches on the go.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly sliced dried beef, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices white bread
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and ranch dressing. Stir in the beef and cheese. Spread about 1/3 cup on six slices of bread; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Beef Sandwiches in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p61
Reviews for Creamy Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2008
"This sandwich was okay, but I wouldn't make it again. It's just as easy to spread mayo and ranch on the bread and add a slice of meat and cheese."