Creamy Beef Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 18 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, onion, sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and milk until smooth.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a fourth of the meat sauce, six noodles and a third of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Beef Lasagna(11)
Sort By :
This is the NASTIEST thing i ever put in my mouth.! It cost me $15.00 to make.! I really wish I could get my money back.! Don't you people try these recipes before you put them on the site or in the magazine.? Disgusted.....! DO NOT MAKE THIS ONE.!
I have made this recipe many many times and its one of our favorite lasagnas! I love using it because it is so easy to throw together and the cream cheese instead of ricotta is a nice twist and make it sooo creamy! I do at times add extra seasonings to the meat mixture and cheese mixture. I normally half the recipe for just the two of us. When I make the full recipe I add only 1 lb of meat, its plenty. I also like my lasagnas very saucy, so I add in a can of diced tomatoes with the tomato sauce. This is so easy to cut calories by using ground turkey, reduced fat cream cheese, fat free sour cream and skim milk, and it still tastes like the full fat version! Excellent recipe!
I have been making this for MANY years! It is an absolute favorite in our home. :)
I increased the hamberger meat to 3lbs, but still fell short while layering. There just wasn't enough to spread around. I also increased the cream cheese to 3 (8 oz) pkg's, but didn't increase the sour cream or milk. Our servings were totally unappealing, as it looked like a bowl of mush.
This is the Best Lasagna Ever!! It is very creamy and delicious! Always a special request from family! Highly Recommended!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >