Creamy Beef Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 18 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, onion, sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and milk until smooth.
- 2. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a fourth of the meat sauce, six noodles and a third of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 403 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 795 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.