- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add soup, sour cream, chilies, 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce; heat through.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce into each of two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Place 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Beef Enchiladas
"This dish was very good! I halved the recipe and used corn tortillas instead, which gave the enchiladas alot of flavor and used more enchilada sauce on the bottom and over the top. We garnished them with shredded lettuce, sour cream and diced jalapeno. Simple to make, too! Will definitely make again!"
"Read reviews and added more spices. Delicious!"
"Flavors are good, but the dish was somewhat one-note and a big mush. Needed some spiciness."
"I need to use more enchilada sauce on the bottom because they stuck a little bit."