- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add soup, sour cream, chilies, 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce; heat through.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce into each of two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Place 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Beef Enchiladas
"Read reviews and added more spices. Delicious!"
"Flavors are good, but the dish was somewhat one-note and a big mush. Needed some spiciness."
"I need to use more enchilada sauce on the bottom because they stuck a little bit."
"Awesome! Guess next time I need to use more sauce on the bottom because they still stuck to the dish."