Creamy Beef Enchiladas
These American-style enchiladas are rich, creamy and loaded with cheese. Kids will like the texture and the fact that they have just a touch of south-of-the-border heat.
Belinda Moran - Woodbury, Tennessee
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, sour cream, chilies, 1 cup
- cheese and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce; heat through.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce into each of two ungreased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dishes. Place 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of
- each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in each prepared
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 enchilada equals 436 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,012 mg sodium,