- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add soup, sour cream, chilies, 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce; heat through.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce into each of two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Place 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Beef Enchiladas
Sort By :
"I need to use more enchilada sauce on the bottom because they stuck a little bit."
"Awesome! Guess next time I need to use more sauce on the bottom because they still stuck to the dish."
"I cut this recipe in half and I used 1 lb. of ground beef one time & another time I used 3 chicken breasts shredded. It tastes great both ways."
"I made these for my family last night. We thought that they were pretty good! We put mexican rice and sour cream on top. These reminded me of my favorite dish at my favorite restaurant. Thanks for the recipe!"