- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, sour cream, chilies, 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce; heat through.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce into each of two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Place 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Beef Enchiladas
Sort By :
Awesome! Guess next time I need to use more sauce on the bottom because they still stuck to the dish.
I cut this recipe in half and I used 1 lb. of ground beef one time & another time I used 3 chicken breasts shredded. It tastes great both ways.
I made these for my family last night. We thought that they were pretty good! We put mexican rice and sour cream on top. These reminded me of my favorite dish at my favorite restaurant. Thanks for the recipe!
These are AMAZING! This is my go-to recipe for a quick, delicious dinner. I put a full can of enchilada sauce into the mixture. I bake covered with just the enchilada sauce on top for about 15-20 minutes then sprinkle the cheese on top and bake uncovered until the cheese is melted. This has prevented the tortillas from getting dried out.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >