Creamy Beef Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add noodles, corn, soups, sour cream, pimientos, salt and pepper; mix well. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 492 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 1107mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Creamy Beef Casserole
"I was very happy to find this quick and easy hamburger casserole recipe that did not use a tomato-based sauce. To cut down on fat content, I used Campbell's Healthy Request brand soups. I also left out the salt. The sour cream added to the soups makes this a very creamy casserole."
"Quick and pretty good. Substituted cream cheese for the sour cream."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.