Creamy Beef Casserole
My mother and I own and operate a small baking business, so I have little free time to spend in the kitchen cooking for my family. I appreciate this easy recipe. - Melanie Riley, McHenry, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Add noodles, corn, soups, sour cream, pimientos,
- salt and pepper; mix well. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 492 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 1,107 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.