- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add noodles, corn, soups, sour cream, pimientos, salt and pepper; mix well. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Beef Casserole
"I was very happy to find this quick and easy hamburger casserole recipe that did not use a tomato-based sauce. To cut down on fat content, I used Campbell's healthy Request brand soups. I also left out the salt. The sour cream added to the soups makes this a very creamy casserole."
"Quick and pretty good. Substituted cream cheese for the sour cream."