Creamy Beef and Onions Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) fat-free beef gravy
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the gravy, yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and pepper; pour over beef. Cook until heated through. Serve with noodles; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup beef mixture, calculated without noodles) equals 266 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Creamy Beef and Onions
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.