Creamy Beef and Onions Recipe
If your family leans toward beef recipes, give this one from Jennifer Rahe a try. Her stick-to-your-ribs mainstay gets its tang from a low-fat sauce of yogurt and gravy. "Add a tossed salad and a basket of biscuits for a complete meal," she suggests from St. Cloud, Minnesota.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) fat-free beef gravy
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the gravy, yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and pepper; pour over beef. Cook until heated through. Serve with noodles; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Beef and Onions in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p48
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Beef and Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >