Creamy Beef & Potatoes
One of my husband's favorite childhood memories was eating his Grandma Barney's Tater Tot Casserole. It's just as much fun making with O'Brien potatoes, too. — Heather Matthews, Keller, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave,
- covered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or
- until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in salt
- and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk soup and milk until blended; add
- to beef. Stir in potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to low;
- cook, covered, until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 664 calories, 38 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 1,851 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 37 g protein.