Creamy Beef & Potatoes Recipe
- 4 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring twice.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk soup and milk until blended; add to beef. Stir in potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1-3/4 cups: 664 calories, 38g fat (19g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 1851mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 37g protein
Reviews for Creamy Beef & Potatoes
"Pretty good and super quick and easy. I will probably add more veggies like corn or peas next time but definitely not bad for something to make in a pinch when you really don't feel like cooking."
"Good recipe...easy, quick and very tasty."
"This dish was very good. My family gobbled it up and there were no leftovers. I didn't have any frozen potatoes, so I just used fresh ones."
"This was pretty good but a bit heavy for summer. It reminded me of Hamburger Helper only with spuds. It was too salty and thick for me, so next time I will use more water. I think I'd also add more veggies like peas or whatever's in the freezer. Overall a good basic recipe that any cook can tweak to their taste."
"This wasn't the most appealing looking dish, but it was pretty tasty... I added a tablespoon or two of Worcestershire sauce and a little garlic powder to add a little extra flavor. Very filling and hearty dish!"
"Quick, easy, and delicious! My husband and I loved it! Will definitely make again and make it often! Might double the recipe next time so I have more leftovers."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.