Creamy Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large dill pickles, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, celery, sour cream, onion, pickles, salt and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, top with the eggs. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 149 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.