Creamy Bean Salad Recipe
This hearty no-fuss salad is perfect for a family gathering. Dill pickles bring puckery flavor to the kidney beans that are dressed with sour cream...and celery adds a satisfying crunch. The recipe is from Dorothy Poch of Concord, New Hampshire.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large dill pickles, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, celery, sour cream, onion, pickles, salt and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, top with the eggs. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 149 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Creamy Bean Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC