Creamy Bean Salad
This hearty no-fuss salad is perfect for a family gathering. Dill pickles bring puckery flavor to the kidney beans that are dressed with sour cream...and celery adds a satisfying crunch. The recipe is from Dorothy Poch of Concord, New Hampshire.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large dill pickles, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, celery, sour cream, onion,
- pickles, salt and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour. Just before serving, top with the eggs. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 149 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.