This stovetop supper gets you in and out of the kitchen in a jiffy. A friend served it to me in the 1950s. I've been making it monthly for my family ever since.—Lois Joy Ardery, Murrieta, California
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, soup, salt, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and sour cream. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with cheese and parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Bean Goulash in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p133
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Bean Goulash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review