Creamy Bavarian Apple Tart Recipe
Everyone comments on this tart's delicate crust and rich and creamy filling. There isn't a leftover in sight when I serve it! — Mary Anne Engel, West Allis, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, vanilla and cinnamon. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla just until combined. Pour into crust.
- In another bowl, toss apples, sugar and cinnamon; arrange over filling. Bake 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Bavarian Apple Tart in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Bavarian Apple Tart(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Tart >
- Apple Tart Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >