What I cook is far better than any of those single-serving meals I can by in the frozen foods section at the supermarket. The fettuccini really picks up the basil and garlic flavors.—Ruth Bolduc, Conway, New Hampshire
- 2 to 4 ounces fettuccini
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook fettuccini according to package directions. Drain and immediately toss with oil, garlic and yogurt. Add Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving
Originally published as Creamy Basil Fettuccini in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p20
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Basil Fettuccini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review