Creamy Basil Dressing Recipe
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion or chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Salad greens and tomato wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, basil and salt if desired; mix well. Serve over greens and tomatoes. Yield: 1/4 cup.
2 tablespoon of dressing (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and fat-free yogurt and without salt) equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.