Creamy Basil Dressing Recipe
WHEN I WAS growing up, our supper was not complete without a green salad and my dad's homemade dressing. He never had a written recipe, but the basic ingredients didn't vary. Making the salad was a ritual, and we would watch the process with great anticipation. -Shirley Awood Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion or chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Salad greens and tomato wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, basil and salt if desired; mix well. Serve over greens and tomatoes. Yield: 1/4 cup.
2 tablespoon: 76 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Basil Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC