WHEN I WAS growing up, our supper was not complete without a green salad and my dad's homemade dressing. He never had a written recipe, but the basic ingredients didn't vary. Making the salad was a ritual, and we would watch the process with great anticipation. -Shirley Awood Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Recommended: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion or chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Salad greens and tomato wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, basil and salt if desired; mix well. Serve over greens and tomatoes. Yield: 1/4 cup.
Originally published as Creamy Basil Dressing in Reminisce May/June 2000, p49
Reviews for Creamy Basil Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review