Creamy Banana Lettuce Salad Recipe
- 1 large firm banana, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 5 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon salted peanuts, chopped
- 1. Lightly toss banana slices with lemon juice. Place 1/4 cup in a small bowl; mash. Stir in the mayonnaise and sugar. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, strawberries and remaining banana slices; toss. Top with banana dressing; sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and sugar substitute) equals 124 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.