Creamy Banana-Berry Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (.9 ounce) sugar-free instant banana pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium bananas
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. Unroll pastry on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle with pecans; lightly roll pecans into pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the milk, sour cream and sugar substitute. Gradually whisk in dry pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3. Place lemon juice in a small bowl. Slice bananas into juice and stir gently to coat. Set aside 1/3 cup; spoon remaining banana slices into the crust. Top with pudding mixture, blueberries and reserved banana slices. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 263 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 0 fruit, 2 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Banana-Berry Pie
"We were surprised by how good this is!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.