Creamy Baked Spinach Recipe
Cream cheese turns ordinary spinach into a side dish that's pretty enough to serve company. "This casserole is a snap to stir up because it relies on convenient frozen chopped spinach," remarks Beverly Albrecht of Beatrice, Nebraska.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Stir in cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter and salt.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 164 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC