Cream cheese turns ordinary spinach into a side dish that's pretty enough to serve company. "This casserole is a snap to stir up because it relies on convenient frozen chopped spinach," remarks Beverly Albrecht of Beatrice, Nebraska.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Stir in cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter and salt.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Baked Spinach in Quick Cooking November/December 1998
Reviews for Creamy Baked Spinach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review