This old-fashioned macaroni casserole gets a different twist, thanks to Gouda cheese. It bakes up nice and creamy with just a hint of zip from the hot sauce. It's comfort food at its yummiest.
- 1-2/3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) Gouda or cheddar cheese (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, chives, mustard and hot pepper sauce. Stir in macaroni and cheese.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Baked Macaroni in Country Woman January/February 2005, p31
Reviews for Creamy Baked Macaroni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review