- 1-2/3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) Gouda or cheddar cheese (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, chives, mustard and hot pepper sauce. Stir in macaroni and cheese.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Baked Macaroni
Sort By :
Love the flavor the Gouda gives this! I'll fix this for company!
Different take on mac and cheese. You cannot tell the cream of chicken is in this dish but it really does help with the over creaminess of this mac and cheese.
Will substitute crm of mushroom and try with cheddar next time
I have been on a search to find a homemade macaroni recipe that doesn't have Velveeta in the ingredients list. This recipe was quite yummy. I ended up doubling this recipe, used a family size can of cream of chicken soup, and used brown rice pasta. My fiancee is raving about this dish, whereas I'm still a little undecided. I'm sure it would have been better with regular wheat pasta, but that's the downside to being gluten intolerant. I will go ahead and keep this recipe as one of my top macaroni and cheese recipes unless I find something to top it.