Creamy Baked Macaroni Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) Gouda or cheddar cheese (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, chives, mustard and hot pepper sauce. Stir in macaroni and cheese.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Baked Macaroni(19)
Sort By :
Will substitute crm of mushroom and try with cheddar next time
I have been on a search to find a homemade macaroni recipe that doesn't have Velveeta in the ingredients list. This recipe was quite yummy. I ended up doubling this recipe, used a family size can of cream of chicken soup, and used brown rice pasta. My fiancee is raving about this dish, whereas I'm still a little undecided. I'm sure it would have been better with regular wheat pasta, but that's the downside to being gluten intolerant. I will go ahead and keep this recipe as one of my top macaroni and cheese recipes unless I find something to top it.
We loved the recipe, of course I tweaked it to suit our taste. I left off the breadcrumbs and butter and added extra milk and some sour cream to the extra 1/3 cup pasta. I also added some smoked pepper jack to the top.yummy!!!
This is a great dish my whole family loves. I share it a lot at cook outs and I double the batch but there's never left overs! Friends always ask for the recipe. The other thing I love about this recipe is it's half the calories of similar recipes!
this passed the test of the kids and most of all the hubby!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >