- 1-2/3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) Gouda or cheddar cheese (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, chives, mustard and hot pepper sauce. Stir in macaroni and cheese.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Baked Macaroni
Sort By :
"This turned out great, per hubby, very addicting per me! : ^ ) So easy to throw together and as someone mentioned you can modify to your taste or what you have on hand. Would still like to try the gouda but not sure I could get dh to eat as readily. I also used the brown rice pasta and just love that stuff. Don't think it took anything away from this dish."
"We love this Mac and cheese recipe, it's very easy to make and you can modify it to your own taste."
"Love the flavor the Gouda gives this! I'll fix this for company!"
"Different take on mac and cheese. You cannot tell the cream of chicken is in this dish but it really does help with the over creaminess of this mac and cheese."