Creamy Baked Corn
"This is an old recipe handed down from my mother-in-law and is an especially good accompaniment to roast beef," Nancy Collins relates from Clearfield, Pennsylvania. The corn is moist and creamy with a souffle-like topping.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 8 saltines, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a small bowl, combine the corn, saltines, butter, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a shallow 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk; pour over corn mixture. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter, egg substitute and fat-free milk) equals 187 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.