Creamy Baked Corn Recipe
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 8 saltines, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a small bowl, combine the corn, saltines, butter, salt and pepper. Transfer to a shallow 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk; pour over corn mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Baked Corn(9)
Sort By :
Kinda seemed like something was missing...maybe I'll try again and see what I can add to it to give it more taste...
This tasted like canned cream corn w/ scrambled eggs on top. Horrible..nobody liked it. We much prefer corn casserole w/ the corn muffin mix and sour cream etc.
I think it would be even better if minced onion would be added.
My sister-in-law first made this for Thanksgiving dinner about 30 years ago, and it's still a favorite! We call it scalloped corn, and I add a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg OR a sprinkle of cayenne pepper (depending upon what I'm serving it with. So yummy!
Creamy baked corn is a side dish my family simply loves and one we make when we are having a special dinner. It's delicious and definitely a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Creamed Corn >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >