- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, water, chives, salt and pepper; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Baked Chicken
"My whole family loved it! I omitted the sour cream, and instead added in 1/2 cup of creamed corn. I followed the suggestions made by another reviewer, Chris1414. Turned out perfectly!"
"This recipe was easy to make and the chicken was very moist and tender. I used boneless breasts. My husband also loved it. The sauce was delicious and I served it over some egg noodles. I would definitely make this again."
"I have made this recipe several times, but I altered the recipe a bit. I use three boneless, skinless chicken breasts (and I don't cut them up). I sprinkle salt and pepper on each side of the chicken breasts, and then I shake them up one at a time in a large freezer bag that is filled with one cup of flour. I then follow the rest of the recipe exactly as it is (except that I only use four ounces of sour cream rather than eight). This recipe is fantastic. It's very simple, very affordable, and extremely tasty. I serve it with corn and long grain and wild rice."
"Whole family loved this!!! I used boneless, skinless chicken and only baked for about 30 minutes. Served over rice with the extra sauce in the baking dish!! I bet this would be a good slow cooker meal too, if using skinless chicken!"
"I used 6 skinned thighs, one can of soup, half the sour cream and water and it was very tasty and moist."