- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, water, chives, salt and pepper; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Baked Chicken(17)
Sort By :
Very easy and very tasty! My family loved it too! I used skinless frozen chicken thighs which I sauteed in a little bit of olive oil with a touch of garlic and parsley prior to putting into the pan with the sauce on top. It was awesome!
The family loved this chicken. I made only half of the recipe and made it in the crock pot. About 10 minutes before serving, I added some smoked pepper jack cheese.
This recipe is great. So easy to make and so very yummy. I didn't use 3lbs of chicken so I saved half of the mix and used it the next night.
I sauted 3 large boneless breast with seasoned salt and garlic power in a little olive oil. Didn't add any water to receipe, added paprika and parsley to soups. Served with noodles and broccoil. Hubby who usually cooks said it was a keeper.
Awesome recipe!! No idea what the "greasy"comments are about. Cut up a spring chicken for the very first time to make this recipe. AWESOME!!!