- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, water, chives, salt and pepper; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Baked Chicken
Sort By :
"Whole family loved this!!! I used boneless, skinless chicken and only baked for about 30 minutes. Served over rice with the extra sauce in the baking dish!! I bet this would be a good slow cooker meal too, if using skinless chicken!"
"I used 6 skinned thighs, one can of soup, half the sour cream and water and it was very tasty and moist."
"This is pretty good! I used boneless, skinless breasts and baked it for about 45 minutes....could have come out a little sooner, but the sauce is yummy! I had it with buttered, Parmesan egg noodles, and what a combo!!"
"I made this last night and it was so good! Wish I had read the reviews first like I usually do. I used bone-in chicken thighs and left the skin on since the directions didn't say to remove it. My sauce did have grease sitting on top in places but everything was delicious! I will make it again but remove the skin first."
"Very easy and very tasty! My family loved it too! I used skinless frozen chicken thighs which I sauteed in a little bit of olive oil with a touch of garlic and parsley prior to putting into the pan with the sauce on top. It was awesome!"