- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, water, chives, salt and pepper; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Baked Chicken
Sort By :
"Very easy and very tasty! My family loved it too! I used skinless frozen chicken thighs which I sauteed in a little bit of olive oil with a touch of garlic and parsley prior to putting into the pan with the sauce on top. It was awesome!"
"This recipe is great. So easy to make and so very yummy. I didn't use 3lbs of chicken so I saved half of the mix and used it the next night."
"I sauted 3 large boneless breast with seasoned salt and garlic power in a little olive oil. Didn't add any water to receipe, added paprika and parsley to soups. Served with noodles and broccoil. Hubby who usually cooks said it was a keeper."
"Awesome recipe!! No idea what the "greasy"comments are about. Cut up a spring chicken for the very first time to make this recipe. AWESOME!!!"
"This is the same sauce (minus the water and paprika) that I make for my chicken enchiladas and my saucy meatballs. Excellent taste and easy to make. Thanks!"