- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, water, chives, salt and pepper; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Baked Chicken
Sort By :
"I used 6 skinned thighs, one can of soup, half the sour cream and water and it was very tasty and moist."
"This is pretty good! I used boneless, skinless breasts and baked it for about 45 minutes....could have come out a little sooner, but the sauce is yummy! I had it with buttered, Parmesan egg noodles, and what a combo!!"
"I made this last night and it was so good! Wish I had read the reviews first like I usually do. I used bone-in chicken thighs and left the skin on since the directions didn't say to remove it. My sauce did have grease sitting on top in places but everything was delicious! I will make it again but remove the skin first."
"Very easy and very tasty! My family loved it too! I used skinless frozen chicken thighs which I sauteed in a little bit of olive oil with a touch of garlic and parsley prior to putting into the pan with the sauce on top. It was awesome!"
"This recipe is great. So easy to make and so very yummy. I didn't use 3lbs of chicken so I saved half of the mix and used it the next night."