Creamy Bacon Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream and broth. Gradually stir in cheese until melted.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and water until smooth. Stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 592 calories, 56g fat (33g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Bacon Mushroom Soup
"I've made this soup many times and it is always a hit. I did make a few changes to the original recipe though. I used half and half instead of heavy cream, believe me it's still very rich. I also added about 4 oz. of fresh chopped spinach near the end of cooking , just enough to wilt it. Yummy!"
"If you are looking for the best bacon mushroom soup look for further ...you have found it"
"My husband and I loved this soup, our young children did not."
"This is one of my favorite recipes from this magazine! Very Delicious!"
"We really liked this savoury mushroom dish. It has such a nice smell!You may also garnish it with some canned green pease. Thanks!"