Creamy Bacon Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream and broth. Gradually stir in cheese until melted.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and water until smooth. Stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 592 calories, 56g fat (33g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Creamy Bacon Mushroom Soup
"I've made this soup many times and it is always a hit. I did make a few changes to the original recipe though. I used half and half instead of heavy cream, believe me it's still very rich. I also added about 4 oz. of fresh chopped spinach near the end of cooking , just enough to wilt it. Yummy!"
"If you are looking for the best bacon mushroom soup look for further ...you have found it"
"My husband and I loved this soup, our young children did not."
"This is one of my favorite recipes from this magazine! Very Delicious!"
"We really liked this savoury mushroom dish. It has such a nice smell!You may also garnish it with some canned green pease. Thanks!"