Creamy Bacon Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream and broth. Gradually stir in cheese until melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and water until smooth. Stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Creamy Bacon Mushroom Soup(3)
Sort By :
My husband and I loved this soup, our young children did not.
This is one of my favorite recipes from this magazine! Very Delicious!
We really liked this savoury mushroom dish. It has such a nice smell!
You may also garnish it with some canned green pease. Thanks!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >